Re: [NTLK] More brainwipe paranoia

From: Zachery Bir (zbir_at_urbanape.com)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 17:14:46 PDT

On May 7, 2004, at 9:49 AM, Zachery Bir wrote:

> On May 7, 2004, at 9:38 AM, Humphreys, David wrote:
>
>> DON'T GET THE X-ACTO KNIFE OUT YET!!!!

I didn't use anything sharp yet.

>>> I'll try cleaning it with some isopropyl alcohol first, resorting to
>>> something like an X-acto knife afterwards.
>>
>> Alcohol will work too. Just be careful that you don't transport
>> contaminants under the chips.

I went kinda crazy with the alcohol (and that was before I started
cleaning the Newt ;^) but there's no residue at all left that I can
see. I let it dry enough to start her up, but she still only claimed to
have ~1730K internally. :^(

So, I re-applied some more alcohol, hoping to get further down into any
accumulated cruft. I'll let it dry some more, and probably do one more
application of alcohol before the night's over.

We'll see this weekend how she does.

Zac