Re: [NTLK] [ANN] LPR Driver 1.0

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun May 09 2004 - 00:26:17 PDT

On May 9, 2004, at 1:46 AM, Paul Guyot wrote:

> Aux environs du 9/05/04 à 1:25 -0500, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK] [ANN]
> LPR Driver 1.0", James Nichols prit sa plus belle plume pour écrire
> les mots suivants:
>> No errors. The funky thing is that if I try to print to the printer I
>> had set up with the old drivers, whatever print driver system is
>> actually on my newton goes through the steps of connecting to my print
>> server (doesn't actually print - CUPS still hates me) - should the new
>> driver be capable of handling an old setup like this?
>
> The new driver probably isn't capable of handling the old setup.
> However, the old driver should have cleaned all remainings of the old
> setup when you did erase that. I guess this may be your problem.
>
> I suggest doing this:
> - freeze the new driver
> - try to print, notice that your old setup actually went away
> - thaw the new driver
> - try to print again and let me know if you have the Choose LPR
> printer.

Okay - I followed your instructions:
Froze lpr driver
started printing - the old printer setup was still in the pick list
selected the old printer setup - hit print>now, and it gave me a 'no
printer is connected' error
thawed lpr driver
still no Choose LPR printer option, and printing to the old setup
'works' again

Tyler

---