Re: [NTLK] [ANN] LPR Driver 1.0

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun May 09 2004 - 00:27:08 PDT

On May 8, 2004, at 11:46 PM, Paul Guyot wrote:
<snip>
> Anyone else experienced problems or success with this new driver? Or
> does it only work here?
Here I get a "Newton is unable to print" message. This appears to be
after the connection has occurred.

If I turn on the spool option I get a -60037 error instead.

This is a different location then I tested with before, so I can't be
sure it's not a queue name issue(ie I have it set wrong?). I am
attempting to print through a OSX 10.1.5 Server printer server(not
cups).

While I have your attention:
Also with regard to the new DCL nightly (yeah) I used the nightly
escale to install the LPR thing ( via rendezvous) which worked but
produces a -16009 and a -28009. After this, escale is fine, but Newton
needs a restart to see escale again. This is with the newest TCP dock
and NIE patch 4 installed.

Thanks for all the amazing progress (whew!).

I will continue to see if I can figure the LPR thing out.

marty