Re: [NTLK] [OT] Newton, PocketPC & Palm

From: Rod (lavo_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 01:10:19 PDT

On 10/5/04 4:00 PM, "Sylvain Bouju" <sylvain.bouju_at_free.fr> wrote:

> Sushi a écrit le 10/05/04 9:38:
>
>> The Palm OS is not evil. It is a good basic system for a Pen based PDA.
>> However, it is limited in many ways which I think gives it its evil
>> reputation.
>>
>> Plus it does not have true handwriting recognition/input.
>
> The Newton OS is not evil. It is a good basic system for a true
> handwriting recognition/input .
> However, it is limited in many ways, which strangely, don't give
> it any evil reputation.
>
> Plus it does not have true capacities in some 2004 domains;-)

Out of interest, what ways is it limited? It can surf the net, get emails,
instant message, use bluetooth, use 802.11b wireless networking, play mp3s,
show pictures and movies, and do things pdas *should* do - calendar, notes,
diary, and addresses. Oh, and it has real handwriting recognition, not
hieroglyphics :-)

What else does a PDA need to do? Colour?

Seeya

Rod!