[NTLK] Blunt + t68i

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 02:50:12 PDT

Well, I spent some time this weekend playing with Blunt and my wifes
t68i.

Pretty amazing.

I can send contacts from the Newt to the phone and visa versa(eckharts
IC/VC is needed to deal with vcards).

As of a minute ago, I connected via GPRS and used mail V to read my
.mac emails. This worked great although it didn't properly hangup the
GPRS connection when disconnecting. I will have to make a kill script
like AT+++ ATH or something.

I had to configure the phone itself to work with tmobile GPRS which is
a pain because there are a lot of little menus to navigate and some of
the options are unclear. OSX takes care of all this for it's bluetooth
connection via the t68i. Still having setup the phone to do this, I
then followed the simple instructions here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=102875729817763&w=2

You also need Eckharts Nitro-blunt NIE software. in fact you pretty
much should get all of Eckharts softwares because they rock.

So as of this moment it looks like t-mobile's free wap access is pretty
useful for me :~)

marty

PS The Bluetooth setup software is still beta, and has some interface
issues that can make it very frustrating. You are warned.