Re: [NTLK] What's in the Soup?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 11:56:38 PDT

Aux environs du 10/05/04 ā 21:40 +0300, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
What's in the Soup?", Eckhart Köppen prit sa plus belle plume pour
écrire les mots suivants:
> > They seem to be hidden? Where are they
>> located, is it a central location or up to the package to place?
>
>Regarding the actual storage, Paul or Filip know this best, but they
>are not hidden. They are right there under your nose, in the Storage
>folder of Extras ;) It is however a simplified view (combining soups on
>the internal and card stores, so called union soups).

Some soups are deleted such as the System soup and the Package soup.
Nearly everything is stored in soups. What is not is information
associated with stores.

> > What's in the soup, what's not?
>
>You can put almost any NewtonScript object into a soup, but in some
>cases, you have to be careful that you're not putting to much into one
>entry.

You cannot put _proto slots. I don't think magic pointers are
followed as well. Additionally, entries are limited to 64 KB, VBOs
excepted.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/