Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100s on eBay

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 16:07:49 PDT

IS THAT item already gone? i didnt see it just now. i did however see a research team in nc selling a lot of 2 for 200 no reserve and a lot of 3 for 100 with a reserve. and i saw this crazy one for $850 bin it is supposedly still in the box sealed....sum crazy seller in canada sumthin navigator. im thinkin only a neewbie that has no idea what he is buying is bidding on it and on top of that there is a reserve too, but in his defence if you use the bin there is free shipping and a bunch of s/w u can get for free from unna or any number of sites online, aint he a nice one. ;-)

LAG

in Joseph <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:

On May 10, 2004, at 3:28 PM, MKow1234_at_aol.com wrote:

> Two theories:
>
> 1) Somebody at Apple (or Sony, Microsoft, Toshiba, etc) having fun at
> our
> expense
Theory one: you're paranoid

> 2) Somebody trying to conduct some illegal data mining of the Newton
> community member list

Theory two: you're paranoid
> Either way, I'd say they're an A-hole, and I'd advise against
> communicating
> with them. It's obviously some kind of hoax.
You might me getting a bit ahead of yourself...

I certainly do agree that there is something fishy, and I wouldn't
recommend anyone sending money.

Still, I think chilling until we really know what's what is a better
idea.

If they really were a scam. I think they would have puts lots more on
at once.

Did you email the stwhite_at_rti.org address that appears in the ebay add?

Hoping your wrong,
marty