Re: [NTLK] Newton/eMate Newbies

From: Katie Powers (climbing_kate_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 07:40:25 PDT

I'm going to try and get my local shop to do it for me. They are mac
finatics and may go for it. I hate gutting computers, espceilly ones that
arn't under any warnety ;)

On May 11, 2004, at 1:01 AM, Andrew C.Rempt wrote:

I have the same worries about my eMate. I love the machine, but I am
pretty spooked by the hinge issue. At the same time, shipping to
Germany seems expensive in time and money. Isn't there anyone in the US
who does this repair? I would be willing to pay to have it done as soon
as possible to prevent any trouble.

I understand your concerns. No, I'm not going to let it break which is
why I've put it away for the time being.
I am interested in finding someone to do the repair and understand
Frank Gruendel is the man to do it, but
shipping to Germany for repair? Sounds expensive.

Premium!