Re: [NTLK] looking for a real guitar tuner

From: Damien Batstone (djb_at_er.dtu.dk)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 15:46:55 PDT

Dan Fackler
(<mailto:eulenspgl_at_sbcglobal.net?Subject=Re:%20%5BNTLK%5D%20looking%20for%20a%20real%20guitar%20tuner&In-Reply-To=%2526lt;BCC641BF.100%25eulenspgl_at_sbcglobal.net%3E>eulenspgl_at_sbcglobal.net)
wrote:
<<I was wondering, does anyone know of a newt app that would use the mic
>of the newton and turn the newt into a real guitar (or any other
>instrument) tuner? Like, with the meter that tells you how many cents
>sharp or flat you are.
>I know of "Guitar Tuner" which simply plays a midi note for you to
>match your guitar strings to. But I'd like an app that functions like a
>true tuner.
>If there isn't an app like that out there, would any of you programers
>out there be willing to crank one out?

The sample-based "guitar tuner" seems to be flat by about 30 cents too.

I had a look at this a while ago, and decided that the newton probably
didn't have the speed to do sampling and fourier transforms. Maybe I'm
wrong. I'll have another try this weekend. I've got a 12 string after all...

/Damien