[NTLK] Looking for a Newton 130

From: Vaguely Radio (vradio_at_maine.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 16:06:57 PDT

Hi everyone. I love my UMP2000, but I was thinking it would be nice to
expand my collection and get a Newton with a slightly smaller
form-factor. If I want the top of the line in that department, seems
clear that a 130 is the way to go. Current listings on eBay seem to
offer units in a "piecemeal" state, and though I'm probably dreaming
I'd like one that is in reasonably good condition with all of its parts
(screen lid, stylus, backlight still working, etc). Ideally from
someone I know and trust, like a kindly fellow list-member. This leads
to two questions:

1) Can the power supply for my 2000 be used with the 130, or is it a
different power supply?

2) Anyone out there have a 130 they're looking to get rid of? =) If
the answer to the first question is that I can indeed use the AC
Adaptor from my 2000, then that means I don't even "need" a power
supply with it.

Oops, a third question:

3) Apart from the backlight, does the 130 have significant advantage
over a 120 with NOS 2.0? I realise there is more heap available - is
the difference very obvious?

Thanks!
Dan