Re: [NTLK] [OT] Absolute power was Sex/morals blah blah blah

From: Brad Griffin (b.griffin_at_cqu.edu.au)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 20:26:45 PDT

> How hard is this to interpret?...
> 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the
> kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor
> idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of
> themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor
> drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the
> kingdom of God. I Corinthians 6
>
> You don't have to be perfect to figure out what that means.

Yep, I can see quite clearly in that text where it says:

 "Morals are absolute if you accept the Bible as God's word"

The Corinthians text may reflect your morals and those of the
interpreters who translated the original text to their liking. However,
it has nothing at all to do with my morals. Therefore, your assertion
that 'Morals are absolute if you accept the Bible as God's word' is
wrong for many people. Your statement is correct for people who choose
to read the Bible and follow in its guidelines.

I choose not to read the Bible and go to church, therefore my concept of
morals is completely different to yours.

'nuff said?

Brad