[NTLK] Programatically setup a countdown

From: Jack Burks (dumbstart_at_satx.rr.com)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 20:21:40 PDT

So how would one go about setting up a countdown (so as to allow a timer to
continuously move from one second to the next) to start at a specific number
and stop any action when the count reaches zero. I'm working on a text game
for the Newton and want to implement a timer to actually setup a sense of a
real game. I'm fairly certain that you would have to use Ticks, but I'm not
completely certain.

Any help would be great, and if you are interested in any of my older
programs, you can visit my site at www.dumbstart.com
<http://www.dumbstart.com/> where they are listed on the right hand side of
the front page.

Would anyone know of a good free place to host a site, my free ISP space is
all but used up and I've had no luck with www.spymac.com
<http://www.spymac.com/> and would like to keep it as free as possible.

Thanks.