Re: [NTLK] [OT] Absolute power

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 00:13:29 PDT

>>On 13 May 04, at 15:37, Sushi wrote:
>>
>>Suggestion. Quit reading OT posts if they bother you!
>>...oh, and feel free to use the DELETE key.
>
>On 5/14/04 @ 12:18 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:
>
>Absolutely right, but...
>If your OT discussion becomes a discussion between
>very few people (two to four) it's good form to take
>it off-list.

Totally agree with you Robert. Your point is well taken.

I'm just tired of hearing from those who complain about OT posts when
they do not have to read them in the first place.

It is so easy to filter OT posts thanks to Victors wonderful site.

I just don't understand why folks keep reading messages, that no one is
requiring them to read, and then having the gall to complain about them.

Reminds me of the fellow who calls his doctor and complains of a
headache. The doctor asks if he has been doing anything different. And
the fellow replies that he has been banging his head against the wall.
The doctor then advises the fellow to stop doing that, take two aspirins
and call him in the morning.

Yeah, don't quit my day job, right?!

But the point being, if it is a self inflicted wound, ie. reading an OT
message, then stop doing it. Don't complain that you read it in the
first place.

Maybe we should add a [ROT] flag, with ROT standing for Really Off Topic.
 :-)

Just joking!

I think that the way we have it now with [OT] is working just fine.

...and for the most part, those conversations limited to just a few folks
usually do end up as off line discussions. But that is a really good
suggestion for sure.

Okay. Now to bring this obtuse topic around to our wonderful Newts, and
the Absolute Power part of the subject...

Isn't it nice to have a PDA that dominates all others so effectively --
even though it is going on 6-7 years old?! Now that is absolute power!
I don't know of one Palm or Pocket PC model that can make that claim. :-)

Heck, my Newt stored data without power/using it for longer (over 2
years) than my Palm III lasted! That's pretty awesome in my book.

Sushi