Re: [NTLK] compact flash card with adaptor size

From: George Bingham (georgeb1962_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 10:42:51 PDT

On Fri, 14 May 2004 18:19:35 +0200, Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net> wrote:
> Just so you know, I had this same problem off a 32 meg linear card. I
> always froze trying to play MP3s so I ended up just deleting the whole
> shebang. I don't think your problem is the ATA driver.

Hi Jon,

     Thanks for that! I had thought it was the ATA card because I'd
often use Mad Max to play streaming MP3s, and although it would run
out of memory eventually, it would generate an error for that, and I
could still stop it and recover from it. The way it freezes when
playing MP3s from a card soup is it's totally frozen, and only a hard
reset (i.e. removing power) seems to work... so thought maybe it was
the ATA causing it. I am glad to know it's just Mad Max, I may end up
using my ATA card more....

George