Re: [NTLK] %20[NTLK]%2re: Things look good so far! {educational software inquiry}

From: Bruce E. Durocher II (bedii_at_qwest.net)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 13:59:55 PDT

        Please excuse a silly question, but I've never actually had a chance
to play with an eMate: do they have screen modes or keyboard keys that
wouldn't be accessible on a 2100 with keyboard? I mean, from the brief
descriptions I've seen of the current version of the Writer's Toolkit
software on their website I'd probably be interested in playing with
it, but I'm currently working with a StowAway keyboard (the AgendA
MicroWriter keyboard is being rebuilt by the original designer--anyone
out there good with BBC Basic so I can integrate it with the Newton?)
and can't tell if the eMate uses keys that the StowAway doesn't have or
that the driver does not support...

On May 14, 2004, at 1:50 PM, MKow1234_at_aol.com wrote:

> I received a .pkg file and a short read me file (Writer's Toolkit) via
> e-mail
> today, from my new friend in Scotland! It is too early to tell if
> this is a
> full version or just the demo (Is there any way to tell?), but I will
> check it
> out. This educational software is intended for the Newton eMate; I'm
> attempting to evaluate it on my MP 2100 for now, until I receive my
> new eMate (Very
> soon!)

Bruce E. Durocher II
bedii_at_qwest.net