Re: [NTLK] Newton cables

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 07:40:06 PDT

>> Yes, and no. OMP / MP100 / MP110 / MP120 / MP130 / eMate
>> cables are identical. MP2000 / MP2100 cables are identical,
>> too, but different from the cables earlier models use.

> Nope, sorry, all newton models can use the same cable serial cable.
> Only problem is, to use them in the MP2x00 series you need a serial
dongle.

Not that I want to nit-pick here, but we were talking about cables, not
cables used along with other adapters. A cable that can be used for Newtons
up to and including MP130 can NOT be used for 2x00 Newtons unless you have
a SER001 installed in your Newton or a MiniDin <--> Interconnect adapter
(dongle) that you can plug it in.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de