Re: [NTLK] ON Topic RE OT

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 10:32:38 PDT

>On 5/16/04 @ 1:49 AM, Eric Engle wrote
>
>What if there were a rule that for EACH OT posting you
>make you have to make 1 freeware newton book (your
>choice)?

I will assume that you are joking! I am sure that Victor has much better
things to do that monitor this rediculous tit for tat system.

Besides, who wants a bunch of worthless Newton books -- which is exactly
what would happen if this rule was inforced?

Hey, I have an idea. How about for everyone who reads an OT post and
replies that the thread should be ended/stopped/that it is
rediculous/etc. have to donate $10 to the Newtontalk list. I would love
to see that. Victor would be rolling in funds to keep Newtontalk running
forever.

I am simply amazed by the number of people who complain about OT posts
when it is their own fault for reading them in the first place. Common
folks, if you don't like what the OT posts are saying, don't read them,
but rather delete them!

BTW, for the record, I detest many of the OT thread topics. For example
the POUTINE ones. But rather than complain, I just skip by them and use
the DELETE key. Really folks, is it all that difficult to delete
messages that you don't want to read?

Even Woo who is reading all the messages via modem isn't complaining.
The bandwidth is minimal.

Sushi