[NTLK] ATA Question

From: Brian Freeman (newton_at_oopack.com)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 21:44:33 PDT

Hey folks

I registered Paul's ATA driver (VERY nice!), but having some issues with
performance.

I've noticed a HUGE difference in performance on my 2100 for internal or
linear flash vs using an adapter & CF card. I recently purchased a Lexar
4x 256MB CF card, and I'm using a Nikon EC-AD1 CF adapter card (came
with my dig camera =)

Reading from CF seems to be comparable in speed, but moving packages or
data to the CF or using it as the default store is many times slower.
I've upped my cache to 128, but that doesn't seem to have made a
difference.

From what I've read in the archives, it sounds like I should have better
performance. Is there a PCMCIA adapter and/or CF card anyone has had
better results from?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!