Re: [NTLK] OT on the list and in the digest

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 02:06:43 PDT

On 16-mei-04, at 10:11, Martin Joseph wrote:
> I personally don' think this is worth effort on Victors part.

Why not? If the list is a happier place I would assume that Victor is a
happier person ;-)

> People will still post off topic(without labeling), and people will
> still complain.

True, but most people do label so though it might not take care of all
it would still be a significant improvement.

> Plus, some people like the digest and read off topic posts.

Good point, so a digest with and a digest without?
Depending on Victor's answer of course. After all it's his call and it
must be doable, though that seems relatively easy.

> I think the etiquette changes are good, and beyond that I think we'll
> just have to tough it out.

Actually, they aren't. There's hardly anything written about OT and
aren't we 'thinking it out' right here and now?

Robert Benschop