[NTLK] Login-Message "Reward for return!" (was Re: How to secure data)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 02:58:33 PDT

>* DJ Vollkasko
<<mailto:DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net?Subject=Re:%20%5BNTLK%5D%20How%20to%20secure%20data&In-Reply-To=%2526lt;20040515160029.B22133_at_paradox.homeip.net%3E>DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net>
[15 May 2004 06:19]:
>> (but my office phone, not my home phone), date and hour -- each of
>> these three in its own line -- and a number pad to tap the pin on.
>>
>> Doesn't display my "Reward for return!"-message, though.
>>
>> How can I get this sorted out so it displays the home number and my
message
>> and *not* the office number?
>
>I don't know how the newton determines what information to show on the
>passcode screen. I only have one phone number (my home phone) entered in
>the owner info, so it uses that number.

Thanks for the pointer, Rhonda! I deleted my work address, and there I was.

Still - not nice, having to delete the business address - anybody know a
prettier solution?

Then there were still Robert's Questions:

"I entered 'PHONE FOR REWARD !' in the extension field, but I'm
wondering how I can get rid of the little 'x' between the phone number
and this message.

Also wondering how I can get the number displayed in international
formatting (as in + 31 (0)70 345 etc. in my case)
In a weird way the owner info doesn't even seem to know where I am,
while the Names application is..." (see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=107441844413023&w=2

The "x"-file is closed: Simply enter "*** Reward for return! ***" in the
home number field *AFTER* the home number and an additional blank space.
Presto - you have your phone number, a blank, and the text message (maybe
add the message in multiple languages -- that field's display on the login
screen will to wrap to a second and possibly more lines... So what's
"reward for return!" in Spanish, French, Italian, Greek...?).

Regarding the international incident: "+ 31 (0)70 345 etc" is not possible.
The area code field accepts these values: ++31-0-70345 (the syntax I use)
or ++31-70345 , but not anything with parenthesises, these will be omitted
(even though the keypad available to enter data offers "(" and ")" -- quite
ridiculous).
    Is "++31-0-70345" obvious enough (= the first zero must be dropped if
calling from outside the country)? If not, would maybe "/" instead of
parenthesises work? Which would be more likely to be understood around the
world? Or maybe also add the mail address to that field? What do you think?

Curious mindedly yours,

'Kasko