Re: [NTLK] After-market power adapter

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 15:49:07 PDT

> I need a power adapter for a 2x00. I found an auction on eBay
> (5700198547) for an after-market version. Does anybody have any
> experience with this product / vendor? Am I better off paying the
> premium for the Apple adapter? Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.

If it has really been tested with as many Newtons as the seller
claims, it probably wouldn’t kill yours. If you decide to buy, ask
him first about the maximum current this device can provide. It
should be 1.2 Ampere. Less is ok, it would only mean that your
batteries would take a bit more time to charge. More is dangerous.
If I were you, I'd try to find an original adapter. You can also
use and adapter from the earlier Newton models.

Cheers

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de