Re: [NTLK] IC/VC and error -48418, Mail V

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 11:25:49 PDT

On May 17, 2004, at 9:01 AM, Thomas Isenbarger wrote:

> I have not gotten any responses to my questions regarding connecting
> from my Newton to my Laptop with AirPort (without a base station) for
> installing packages, controlling with NewtVNC, accessing the Laptop web
> pages, etc. Maybe some of you have posted about this, but I need some
> more detailed step-by-step intructions from someone who has been
> successful. The laptop is a Powerbook G3 (Pismo) running OS X 10.3.3
> and the Newton is an MP2100.

? I gave made a pretty long post about this before. Plus it is
covered to some extent in the FAQ and the wiki (Hi DJ!).

Another option is to enable internet sharing over airport over from the
powerbook from the System preferences/sharing. This will enable a DHCP
server on the airport network(even if the powerbook isn't connected to
the internet).

Then you create a DHCP internet setup via the wifi card and voila!

marty