Re: [NTLK] NewtSync & Keyspan

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 15:29:56 PDT

On May 17, 2004, at 2:53 PM, John M Powell wrote:

> I'm new to the Mac world, so please forgive me if this question has an
> 'obvious' answer. Recommendations on a serial adapter to use NewtSync
> on my
> G4 with NewtSync? Keyspan USA-19HS?

Ugh, I don't like serial adapters, I see them as a waste of money for
most people... Unless you need it for development that is....

I like ethernet setup on the Newton, which allows for a much faster,
and flexible network thing.

Newtsync is a very cool program, but it isn't really finished, and it
appears to be in a momentary limbo state before Paul Guyot takes it
over (this part is a rumor I am starting).

Keyspan works if you need it, search the archive for tricks and
techniques.

marty