Re: [NTLK] Nitro an T39m connects to the Internet

From: noiseiskinky (grliot_at_tiscalinet.it)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 16:33:22 PDT

> This sounds like a scary kind of version/expression of the bug that
> Eckhart is working on...

I suspect the error I have after Newton reboot depends on conflicting
packages, maybe something happening during NIE Nitro/blunt patching.

> Maybe it will provide him with a hint I hope.
>
> With Blunt, I find I am able to connect, but then I see an error like
> -16xxx. This happens most often in Mail V, but not when connected via
> Wifi (which is MUCH faster). Looks like 30kbps is the fastest speed I
> see from my GPRS(tested via OSX).

when I've connected I've tryed to send an email but for some reason
connection dropped, reconnecting and tryng to update some rss pages
using raissa essentially works

GPRS is in effect teoretically near a 56kbps anolog modem connection
WiFi should be near 10Mbps connection from peer to access point, then
the "real" speed depends on the connection speed of the access point to
internet, and an ADSL connection is much more fast than gprs (a near
10x)...

> I don't have any problems rebooting though.... That seems like a scary
> scenario.

hope to solve soon this problems (I would like to carry newton with in
my next transfer) and hope to not be annnoyng for you all

anyway thanx all for your help

giovanni