Re: [NTLK] eBase - handwriting bug?

From: Matthew Reidsrow (junkmail_at_reidsrow.com)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 17:28:27 PDT

On May 17, 2004, at 7:09 PM, Vaguely Radio wrote:
> 2) I notice that when I'm putting data in fields in eBase that it is
> not properly recognizing my handwriting.

eBase is part of Newtonworks and takes advantage of the truly lousy
handwriting recognition within NewtonWorks (whatever it is there - it
can't be the same as in the Notepad and elsewhere). I think it was
designed to be used with a keyboard, and so they didn't really refine
the handwriting entry fields. I tried using eBase for a few days to
keep track of some things and it made me want to throw my Newt out the
window. I migrated to FilePad, which is *much* better with recognition,
and allows complete customization of forms. Plus, easy desktop
connectivity. You'll find it at your friendly neighborhood UNNA at

http://www.unna.org/view.php?/applications/database/FilePad1.61-FREE

or at developer John Anderson's (of NewtSync fame) website:

http://www.everchanging.com/newton/filepad.html

Good luck! Hope that helps.

Matthew Reidsma
Boston, Mass, U.S.A.