Re: [NTLK] eMate replacement ribbon cables

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 18:26:23 PDT

I salute your courage in taking your emate apart to make this repair.
It can be quite intimidating, so many little bits and pieces.
I hope that you also took appropriate preventive action to avoid future
problems.
While I have installed a number of washers and lubricated and
straightened the springs I don't trust this as the final solution. Any
time anyone feels any change in opening force---stop and check.

Woody