Re: [NTLK] Re-ordering notepad notes?

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 20:55:53 PDT

On 17-May-04, at 6:50 PM, Vaguely Radio wrote:

> 1) I'd like to be able to "re-order" my notepad notes and it would seem
> like it should be easy, yet somehow the solution eludes me. I'd like
> to not have to cut/paste the text from each note into new notes to put
> them in the order in which I would like them. Is there some simple
> tap-and-drag facility for rearranging notes, either in overview or
> regular views?

Don't know of any such utility, but here's a workaround that's easier
than cutting and pasting text. If you use "Duplicate" in the routing
slip of a note, you get a new note that's identical except for its
creation date & time. Since notes appear in their order of creation,
just duplicate all your notes in the order in which you'd like them,
then delete the originals. Of course, this will be an acceptable
solution only if you don't care about preserving the original creation
dates.

HTH,
Michael