Re: [NTLK] http://www.newtenlightment.de/

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 08:24:15 PDT

Aux environs du 18/05/04 à 11:18 -0400, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
http://www.newtenlightment.de/", Thomas Isenbarger prit sa plus belle
plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>i was told that I had to turn on internet sharing in order for the
>computer DHCP server to be active. i don't understand why i need DHCP
>for appletalk though. it seems there are a lot of conflicting ideas of
>how to do this. . .wish i could get a clear answer.

You don't need DHCP for AppleTalk indeed.

Plus MacOS X Internet Sharing DHCP server seems to be somewhat
incompatible with the Newton's TCP/IP stack when the Newton connects
to an inactive network interface of the Mac (typically when the Mac
shares its Ethernet access on an Airport C2C network). I tried to add
a delay with a hack in NIE Patch but it didn't solve the problem. I'd
be happy to implement a workaround if we knew one.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/