Re: [NTLK] Syncing the Newton stylus input with OneNote, and other possibilities...

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 09:56:04 PDT

Hi Mike:

Great idea! I have been hoping that somebody would investigate this possible
new use for the Newton (More versatility makes our platform that much more
viable).

I sent a direct e-mail to you, along with a program called, "NewtTablet".
This seems to have been an earlier experimental effort to test the Newton's
capabilities as a digitizer tablet (not unlike those used by artists and
designers, to enhance CAD drawings, etc). I believe that this program transposes the
Newton's stylus input so that it takes the place of the mouse cursor on the main
desktop screen.

I am not a software developer, but I don't think it should be too difficult
(Famous last words?) to modify this program so that it would work with art
programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator on PCs and Macs. If you take on this
development task, I wish you luck with it. Please keep everyone apprised of
your efforts.

Matt K.