Re: [NTLK] MailV not handling some attachments correctly?

From: Zachery Bir (zbir_at_urbanape.com)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 10:35:20 PDT

On May 19, 2004, at 12:40 PM, Zachery Bir wrote:

> Hey, all.
>
> I noticed the other day, when trying to send an email message with a
> photo attachment from my phone (a Sony Ericsson T610 on T-Mobile's
> network) to my Newton's email account, which I check with MailV. I have
> all the stationery extensions loaded to enable image viewing, etc.
> Email messages sent from my laptop are recieved and interpreted just
> fine by the Newt, but not those sent by my phone.
>
> Sending similar photo-attached messages from my phone to my normal
> account renders just fine in Apple's Mail. Any ideas? I'll check the
> actual mail messages on the server to see if there's a gross difference
> between the MIME construction for both types.

Two differences that stuck out to me, the Content-Type, and the
Content-Disposition.

   Mail:

--Apple-Mail-1--696497043

   Phone:

------=_Part_16588_311196.1084985094599

While on the mail server, I edited the message from the phone, and
changed the Content-Type to 'image/jpeg' and when the newton checked
the account, and pulled down the message, MailV's ImageStationery
worked just fine with it.

Simon, is it possible to get 'image/jpg' registered as a synonymous
moniker for 'image/jpeg'?

Zac