Re: [NTLK] Issues Installng Packages NCU/WIN

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 10:35:45 PDT

>I got a slight problem. It seems that my XP box has an issue installing
>larger packages (ex. 200k and up) I've been able to get some (100k-200k)
>packages installed but sometime it requires I try it a few times.

Well the first thing to do is check that your FIFO buffers (in device
manager under system in control panel) are both set to the lowest mark, or
the next to lowest (try the next to lowest first and if that does not work
go lower but don't turn them off). Next run slow down, say three instances
(run the program 3 times so it is displayed 3 times in your task bar) all
set to the lowest setting. Then try installing the package.

You were on the right track with disabling other programs using the serial
port as they were taking "first dibs" on the port and not letting anything
else connect. Other devices that tend to do this are drawing tablets and
the driver must be disabled before you can get any other devices to work on
that serial port.

If you are still having problems let me know.

-Dan