Re: [NTLK] Newton batteries discharge too fast

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 15:26:49 PDT

Andre Garzia asked:

>By the way, my MP2000 is discharging too fast!!!!
>It's like, replace the AA batteries, in two weeks
>they are out, without using the newt...
>there's something wrong!!! any clues?

You wouldn't by any chance have "receive beams
automatically" turned on in your prefs, would you?
Also, make sure to not set the sleep preference to
"never". If you have hundreds of to do items that
the Newton needs to roll over each night (it'll
turn on for that), this might need a fair amount
of power, too. Things will get worse if you have a
package installed that turns the backlight on
automatically depending on the current time.
Since the Newton rolls to do items over at
night, the backlight will always be on.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de