[NTLK] [Q] "Do ze email!" - but it don't... (was Re: Testing Brand New Network Card: Arboreto Smitheroni LAN Card con Croce Giacomo was something else)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 06:35:11 PDT

Dear all,

I'd like to set up e-mail on my 2g00 using this funky new
Smitheroni-network card and run into a stop:

Q: Do I get that right that NOS doesn't have it's own mail app?

I always thought the In/Out Box was just that -- a very basic built-in,
onboard mail app, but I can't find where to set any pwd or anything to log
on to a mailaccount... If I'm right on above question, then I'll need a
mail application. I checked the Wiki
(http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/DesktopConnectionSoftware)
and it mentions only Simple Mail, none of the other apps.

Q: Where can I find a solid comparison of Newton mail programmes (speed,
features, comfortable + nuisance-free use)?

As usual - thanks from yer ole pal

DJV.