Re: [NTLK] freezing packages was Re:

From: Thomas Isenbarger (isen_at_molbio.mgh.harvard.edu)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 08:55:58 PDT

On 20 May 2004, at 11:38, Till wrote:

> Tom,
>
> try "Options" from SBM. It's freeware and it does some other useful
> things as well.
> http://www.sbm.nu/englisch/newton/optionen/index.htm
> Freezing renders a package inactive. In frozen state, packages do not
> use heap memory and thus do not slow down the Newton. Packages are
> thawed by a single tap if needed.
>
> Regards
> Till

ok. i already had SBM Options installed, and Freeze Utilities too.
Maybe there was a conflict or something. So, I deleted Freeze
Utilities, activated Freezing in Options, and it appears to work (and
better too, as i like the one fewer menu item from Options as opposed
to Freeze Utils).

Thanks for the help,

Tom