Re: [NTLK] NTK Classic Vs. Windows

From: Richard Chamberlain (newton_at_sunsetandlabrea.com)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 09:38:10 PDT

Hi Victor,

>> Also am I better off trying to install classic and running the Mac NTK
>> - I
>> expect it will be
>> faster, but does everything work with classic OK? Having said that I'm
>> not
>> sure whether my powerbook came with classic.
>
> It's sort of a six-of-one, half-dozen of the other situation. If you
> decide
> to go the Mac NTK and Classic route, you should make sure you read this
> note
> about Mac NTK and serial ports:
>
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-development.html#VIIA1a

Thanks for the reply.

Ideally I think I'd like to run it under classic - because VirtualPC is
really slow.

I don't really follow the FAQ though. Also I can't boot under OS9 because
my hardware won't let me.

I have a keyspan serial adapter and so I was hoping that classic would
just see this and work. NTK just doesn't start up though "Could not start
the application because of some unknown error".

So is there anything I can do?

Many thanks,

Richard