Re: [NTLK] IMPORTANT NOTICE - eMates are now for sale at rochestercomputers.com!

From: Stanley Yep (stanalfa_at_infonegocio.net.pe)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 12:14:12 PDT

On 21-mei-04, at 16:44, Berthe M. Willumsen wrote:
> However, the shipping cost is 100 dollars (Denmark)
> This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this
> order
> Is that reasonable??

Definitely TOO MUCH. Maybe they are doing it via UPS, DHL, Fedex or similar
courier company. Please note that on top of that most courier companies
charge handling charges locally once they arrive. Try to talk them into
shipping via USPS. It is insurable as well.

I recently bought a MINT eMate w/complete box, packaging, complete original
manuals and documentation, stylus, AC adaptor, cables, software and 16M
flash card for $51 on ebay.
Shipping via USPS Airmail Parcel Post cost me $49 (11 pounds, 7.5 oz.) ALL
THE WAY to Lima, PERU (South America)

The same weight to Denmark will cost you $43.05 Airmail Parcel Post or
$25.65 Economy (surface) Parcel Post. Check www.usps.com You can get it
insured for $ 2.60 as well.

Chau,
Stan