[NTLK] NewtChat-Internet problem

From: Edmund Blackadder (edmund_at_helmug.gr)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 12:21:57 PDT

Hi list,

I bought NewtChat and in general i am very satisfied.

But i have problems performance wise.

My machine is a MP2000, NIE 2.0, with a CF card.

After ~10 minutes of being online...the machine starts to become
unresponsive and veeery slow.

The screen is not refreshed, taps are not working ok, handwriting is
out of question etc. I managed to open ThrashPak that showed 90K of
heap memory availiable while the newt was slow.

The machine doesnt have a lot of packages installed. Normal availiable
heap is 115K with only notepad open.

Now:

Possible causes:

1)A bug in NIE?Do i need a NIE patch?

2)A leak in NewtChat?

I am expecting a 2100 motherboard anyday now.

Should this be the answer?

My MP2000 is completely new and i do not want to upgrade it right now.

Thanks

Kostas