[NTLK] 130 connection/sync problems

From: Andrew C.Rempt (acrempt_at_cox.net)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 17:34:20 PDT

Hey all,

While I am waiting for Woody to restore my eMate, I thought I would
play with my old MP 130, but no matter what, I can't get the thing to
sync with my G4 running 10.3.3, Classic 9.2.2 and a Keyspan USB/Serial
adapter. When I boot into 9.2.2, it makes no difference. NCU sees the
Keyspan ports and seems ready to go, but when I try to get the Newt
going, it doesn't see the connection and times out. I wonder if it's a
cable issue since I have a generic cable, but this cable worked for me
when I used to hook up my Newt to my old G4 with a serial adapter. What
else should I be checking?

Also, I can get the 130 working with Windows XP and a genuine Newt
cable, but I can't install packages without it freezing up the install
on the Newt end and having the Windows connection time out.

Any help would be appreciated. I so want to get this machine syncing
via Ethernet, if possible.

Thanks,
Andrew