Re: [NTLK] Birthday Apps, a reprise...

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 11:36:51 PDT

Aux environs du 23/05/04 à 14:27 -0400, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
Birthday Apps, a reprise...", Matthew Reidsrow prit sa plus belle
plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>On May 23, 2004, at 1:56 PM, Paul Guyot wrote:
>> The old behavior is still built-in, but the new one is selected by
>> default.
>> With any NewtonScript evaluator (NTK, ViewFrame, NewtWorks'
>> Worksheets), evaluate this:
><snip>
>
>Thanks Paul! Would it be easier to create a program from scratch that
>either enabled modification of the affiliate fields in the Name card
>(not sure if that is possible, in fact seems unlikely) or perhaps
>created a unique soup for birthdays which I could then have Avi's pull
>in addition to the card soups?

Er.
The easiest as far as I'm concerned is that you evaluate the snipet
and use birthdays from the Dates soup :P

I can see two possible (well designed) paths.
The first is to extend the affiliate record and have Avi's BD to scan it.
The second is to add the possibility to link people in the card file,
like what MoreInfo does if I remember properly.

Another soup would be the worst choice, design-wise.

Any addition like this wouldn't be easily synchronizable with other
names applications on other platforms unless they implement something
similar. You seem to have a very specific need.

And I still didn't understand where all the birthdays you had came from.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/