[NTLK] Zooming in the Newton?

From: kareljansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 14:29:16 PDT

If there's one thing I cannot stand then it's people nagging for new features
or programs who are totally incapable of doing it themselves.

So, here goes: one of the things I loved about Psions was the fact that you
could easily zoom the display in and out without any repercussions to the
formatting of the text. I liked this, because it gave the ability to both see
text more clearly, by selecting a high zoom level and therefore a large
screen typeface, or work on the layout, by selecting a small screen typeface.
Psions even allowed you to select wrap-to-screen or wrap-to-page with one key
combination.

I really miss this in the Newton, especially in Newtworks where, if the page
margins are not selected _very_ carefully, a lot of scrolling will happen.
Has anyone ever looked at the possibility of incorporating such a thing into
the Newton?

Karel Jansens