Re: [NTLK] AW: HELP!DUST!

From: Edmund Blackadder (edmund_at_helmug.gr)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 14:10:35 PDT

On 24 May 2004, at 21:57, Jim Witte wrote:

>>> Yeh, Jim, it's really nothing for fainthearted people. Even I would
>>> prefer
>>> to have access to a quasi-cleanroom and gloves etc. before cleaning
>>> my
>>> next Newton display.
>> So? Am i doomed to live with this evil dust??
>> arghhh.....^*&$*&^&(*%$^(&^&^(&$%£^
>
> Frank G. could probably deal with it - for a price most likely..
>
> Jim
> --

Sigh, problem is that if i see it in a realistic way...it is a small
particle. BUT IT IS A HUGE GRAIN OF DUST.

I am quite comfortable with electronics (i have built many
microcontroller boards) I am not afraid of opening my newt.

My 2100 motherboard should be here tomorrow so i think i will combine
the upgrade with the screen. WIth the help of an air can maybe it wil
go away without exra exposure of the screen.

THe whole thing is annoying because i have found a perfect newt. and i
did not want to open it right now.

Anyway, but my question still remains:

How is it possible for it to come through?is there a risc of more dust
entering my screen??

I have loved my newt instantly...love at first site.... :-( I want to
keep it perfect, thats why i buy all kind of protective stuff .