Re: [NTLK] Re-Newton

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 11:27:27 PDT

On May 25, 2004, at 10:10 AM, Woody Smith wrote:

> I personally like the form factor of the 2x00 stylus and its fit in the
> silo, but I don't like its weight. The original eMate stylus is nicer
> but the form is slightly wrong for the silo.
Interestingly some of these fit aok, and some do not... I have in the
past protested when people say the emate stylus fits into the MP2000
silo, because mine doesn't....

Then I got another emate ,and although to the naked eye the stylus
appear identical, this one fits!

> My current favorite is
> the cheap Apple eMate replacement, modified with epoxy putty. I used
> the putty (black) to shape the release end like the 2100 stylus and
> used a bit more to smooth the plastic ribs for a nicer feel. I bought
> a dozen on eBay for about $15 with shipping. Epoxy putty can be had at
> many home centers but for black you will need to go to a picture frame
> supplier or woodworker supply store.
Very creative... The Martha Stewart of the stylus...
marty