Re: [NTLK] Memory Sticks and ATA support [OT] (slightly)

From: RossO (newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 12:01:22 PDT

On May 25, 2004, at 11:34 AM, Ryan Rotter wrote:
> One more thing, any luck with SanDisk branded Memory Sticks in the
> Newt?

Just over the weekend I took an 8 MB Compact Flash card and a cheap-o
PC Card (PCMCIA) adapter, loaded up Paul's ATA Support (demo only) and
I'll be damned, it worked. The details:

Adapter:
        Apacer
        P/N: 8.10200.030 (Part Number?)
        M/N: AP-CFAD20 (Manufacturer Number?)

Compact Flash Card:
        Canon
        FC-8M (Part Number?)

I'll start using this as my primary Storage, pull out my old 10MB Flash
and keep it around as a rescue card.

In the next week I will be getting the Verbatim CompactTrio, which is
an adapter that allows MMC, SD and MemoryStick cards to be used in a
Compact Flash slot.

At that point, I'll start using MMC cards as my storage medium of
choice and will try having the Newton use the PC Card Slot -> PC Card
Adapter -> Compact Flash Adapter -> MMC card to store data. I'll try
and remember to post in my results.

...Ross...

--
What should I do with my life?
          "Agitate. Agitate, Agitate." - Frederick Douglass