Re: [NTLK] [ANN] eMate Memory Upgrades [FS]

From: Peter Fraser (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 13:55:08 PDT

I just called Eric at Rochester to try to get a little clarity on all of this.

He honestly doesn't know the configurations of the units that were ordered late last week, and all of them have already shipped. Suggest you call him after yours arrives if it has no memory chip and see what he's willing to do, but like Sonny says, it's probably the luck of the draw. and again, they were never advertised as upgraded, so you should probably be pleasantly surprised if yours shows up that way.

He now has about 20 emates and 20 or so chips left and will hold them at the currently advertised pricing til the newtontalkers have had their fill, then either resell the remainders to a broker or ebay them. i suggested he offer three items, an emate with upgrade, an emate without upgrade, and the upgrade alone, with pricing to encourage purchasing of both together.

he's a good guy, and isn't trying anything funny. just wants to move the stuff out, and we can help him with that.

call him yourself - their toll-free line is shown on the website. he's a nice guy.