Re: [NTLK] [ANN] eMate Memory Upgrades [FS]

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 14:13:42 PDT

Peter Fraser wrote:
Tue, 25 May 2004 12:19:51 -0700
>ok, so does this mean that he's somehow learned about the added value of
>the memory cards, and is pulling them prior to shipping out the purchased
>emates?

Peter, Erik would have eventually found out - we were discussing about them
and if you see my last post you should be reminded that they are not sold
advertised with them.

>i guess the proof will be in the pudding (or perhaps soup, as it were) and
>i've received word that mine has shipped - so we'll see how it's configured
>upon arrival.

My last post also mentioned that out of the three I bought at $26 I got one
that was not upgraded - I actually went back to him to buy an upgrade memory
card.

You should understand that he works for his boss who pays his salary - in
one of our first conversations his said to me he has to do his 'Due
Diligence' (hopefully spelled and quoted correctly). I wouldn't want him to
lose his job so you or I got a better deal. I like someone I can depend on.

>but in the meantime, Sonny, what can you tell us from what you know on the
>semi-inside? did you tip him off about the memory cards?

YES! It's best to be honest - that's one of the reasons you got the eMates
at $45 - and he let those that had the memory ship and did not pull them
out. It was the pick of the litter - I have one sitting with no upgrade at
home. I mentioned that above. Now if they come with a memory chip or not now
- this is your Due Diligence to ask the questions before buying... (I
mentioned there was no guarantee and Victor understood this!) If I get heat
for this so be it... I'm Not playing favorites - Erik's been good to us
since I dealt with him honestly.

And in case anyone has a itch thinking that there is a conspiracy. ;) Sorry
I get nothing from this. Just your warm thanks or flames. :) I have been
extended this Newt Spirit of Community by others and wish that this
continues - and please thank Erik directly as he has appreciated the NTLK
purchases and has kept the prices where the people here can buy - other than
shipping which is a bit out of his hands - though I heard he has tried to
offer ways to work it out...(probably if you buy more units at one time)

And also in a early conversation I had with his boss - his boss said, 'he's
new on the job and he made a mistake.' Hey I hope all of you have a boss
this nice and understanding...

God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family