Re: [NTLK] recent emate ?cut display cable?

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 14:55:06 PDT

> I just acquired an eMate and the screen doesn't respond to the stylus.
> Also password protected. Am i right to assume the cable is damaged

Yes, very likely.

> and i need to spring for a new one ($49 on eBay)?

Not necessarily. I might be able to fix it, that would set you back
15 Euros plus shipping from Germany.

Be aware that whatever you do only makes sense if you check the
hinge springs and install the washers. If you want I can do that
too. See

http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_disassemble.html
http://www.inventors-emporium.co.uk/pages/newton-emate-hinge.html

Good luck