[NTLK] gotta new eMate from eBay with issues

From: Andrew C.Rempt (acrempt_at_cox.net)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 22:53:54 PDT

Hey folks,

Dropped $30 on an eMate off of eBay, and it has an incredible whine
when the backlight is on, and regardless of what the FAQ says, I've
never heard such a whine off of an Indiglo watch!! I mean, this is
LOUD! I assume from the FAQ that I'm screwed on this point, or is there
a way to make the noise stop (other than leaving the backlight off)?

I'm also gonna try and recell the battery on my own. I mean, I only
spent $30, so why not experiment? Any tips?

Andrew