Re: [NTLK] z600, infrared, GPRS and emails

From: noiseiskinky (grliot_at_tiscalinet.it)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 01:32:38 PDT

On May 25, 2004, at 10:38 PM, Eckhart Köppen wrote:

> Good to hear that it works with Bluetooth. I somehow suspect that the
> Motorola does something differently in the IrDA communication, and I
> also have an idea what that could be (the bytes Nitro inserts into the
> data flow might cause this)...

Yes it works great, thanx Eckart for your work (I'm also an avid user
of Raissa :)).

I've also your suspect because connection drop happens at the end of
message sending, when client sends the end of message body and server
answers with a message accepted, maybe in this exchange something goes
wrong (the sequence <crlf>.<crlf> is not correctly sent?... just an
ipothesys). In a precedent post I've said that I've tryed to telnet to
the smtp server and manually send a message, in this way it has worked,
(I've used PT100). There is a way to track data flow on irda, do you
use some tool to dump traffic (I mean something similar to
ethereal...), it can be a matter of serial speed, error/parity check...
?

> I'm not sure though if I find the time
> to tackle that soon :(
> Eckhart
> --

if I can help (but I've to learn Newton programming ...:)

thanx again
giovanni