Re: [NTLK] password breaker-Emate

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 06:32:36 PDT

Anthony Vernier wrote:
> I got my $45 Emate today. No memory upgrade but in very good condition
> none the less. I've got it on the charger and tomorrow it gets its hinges
> fixed. But it does have the teacher password set, so.. Does anyone have a
> password breaker for the Emate? It would be nice not to have to do a hard
> reset to see what is on it. So far there is no real data that I can find.

To remove the password without a brainwipe, you must use another Newton to
install Battering Ram Pro on a memory card (it doesn't really matter what else
is on the card, I guess...)

http://www.unna.org/view.php?/utilites/BatteringRamPro

Reset the eMate and insert the card. When the eMate activates the Battering
Ram Pro package it will defeat the PIN and (I believe) ask if you want to
remove or change it. I've actually never used it but I've heard that lots of
people have...