Re: [NTLK] LPR driver, won't print and keeps popping up the print box

From: Adam Short (ajs_at_orinoco.homelinux.org)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 10:11:40 PDT

Paul Guyot wrote:

>The LPR Driver 1.0 is very strict about how things should happen and
>will report any problem (to the system that will just summarize with
>minimalist message "Newton was unable to print"). Hence if it says
>nothing, the print job really was accepted on the other side.

Paul, sorry to take so long to reply to this one, but I've been fiddling
with the emate and trying to get this to work. It still doesn't,
unfortunately. When I send a print, the driver doesn't say "nothing"
exactly, it doesn't create an error, but the print dialog pops right
back up, as if prompting me to try again. Also, when I send a print, the
internet connection box pops up briefly, disappears, then reappears and
stays, allowing me to connect, is this normal?